The Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow and Strelka Institute for Architecture, Media and Design announce an open call for emerging Russian architects and urbanists to apply for a grant to go to the UK on a study trip from 22 to 28 October 2018. This professional development opportunity will be focused on new practical approaches to public spaces.
RECEPTION APPLICATION IS CLOSED
The programme will include:
- exploratory visits to architecture studios and bureaux, public spaces, think tanks and cultural institutions
- meetings with directors of the above organisations and curators of architecture exhibitions and festivals, policy makers, urbanists and consultants involved in urban development
- meeting with peers in the UK architecture and urban studies sector
- opportunities to network and make business contacts
- discussions and check-ins during the trip
- a free day for participants’ own business meetings
We invite the following specialists to apply:
- practising urbanists
- creative consultants involved in city planning
- government officials interested in forward-thinking approaches to development of public spaces
We are looking for people shaping the future of cityscapes who are deeply interested in their professional development, want to contribute to the development of public spaces in Russia and are open to new ideas and approaches to urban architecture.
Successful applicants should:
- have at least 3 years of experience in the sector and have a portfolio of completed projects
- be interested in their professional development and in building relationships in the UK
- have leadership skills, ability and the desire to put knowledge and skills gained in the UK into practice
- speak English at Upper-Intermediate or Advanced level
- be a Russian citizen over 18 years old and hold a foreign passport
The British Embassy and Strelka will cover the cost of visas, flights, accommodation and transfers in the UK, as well as arrange a business, educational and entertainment programme. Successful applicants will be expected to cover the cost of meals and local public transport independently.
The Embassy and Strelka reserve the right to arrange interviews with shortlisted candidates if necessary. Selection of participants will be announced by 16 September 2018. In case of questions, please contact email@example.com or или CulturalSection.Moscow@fco.gov.uk.
The selection process will be conducted in line with equality and diversity policies.
This grant scheme is designed and delivered as part of the Future Culture programme.